Thursday, July 3, 2008

Operation Phoenix

One of the marks of the recently retired punk band Good Riddance was dubbing in political speech clips into their songs. Some were then subverted, and some stood as overtures for the call-to-arms music which usually followed. I have a scratchy copy of Operation Phoenix, and one clip drove me nuts over its source. I had a faint memory of the speech from a sociology class. Thanks to the Google and YouTube machine, I finally found it. Here it is:



I think this goes well with coffee in the morning.

And speaking of questioning the machine, I think there needs to be a large scale investigation into the company of Kraft, particularly the Macaroni and Cheese department. I have a hard time believing enriched starches and powdered cheese sauce mix can create such a universal good for children. Yellow 5 and Yellow 6 must have some addictive properties.

No comments: